LLB (Hons) – Bond University (Queensland, Australia); Bar Transfer Test (BPP University, London)
Neil joined Devon Chambers as a tenant in December 2018.
Neil was called to the Bar of Queensland, Australia in 2002 and in 2018 he was called to the Bar of England and Wales after completing the Bar Transfer Test.
Neil accepts instructions in the following core practice areas:
- Personal Injury
- Mental Health Law (Mental Health Review Tribunal as well as Court of Protection)
- Local Authority
- Financial settlement / remedies
- Private Law
- Public Law
- Domestic Violence
- Health and Safety work at all levels, inquests and inquiries
- Local authority work covering health and safety, food safety, licensing, fly-tipping, benefits, tax, housing, and anti-social behaviour
- Licensing, both personal and for premises
- Environmental enforcement
- Healthcare, Care Environments
- Private Prosecutions
Neil accepts instructions under the Direct / Public Access Scheme.
Neil is a registered public access barrister who can assist with advice, drafting and representation. Cost effective, early advice, quick resolution. If your case is not suitable for public access, Neil can help you find a suitable solicitor who can assist.
Before undertaking his law degree, Neil had a successful career in Australia as a Paramedic and in 2017 worked as a support medic in Eastern Ukraine for the OSCE (Organisation for Security and Co-Operation in Europe) - Special Monitoring Mission. His medical background is especially useful in cases involving personal injuries, mechanism of injury (MOI), forensic or scientific issues.
Terms of business
Mr. Lawson’s terms of business are the Standard Contractual Terms for the Supply of Legal Services by Barristers to Authorised Persons 2012 or such other terms as have been agreed. A copy of the standard terms can be downloaded using the following link.