|DX:||145960 Bournemouth 19|
|Email us directly|
Kings Bench Chambers have a number of members who undertake Education Law, including advisory work and representation at tribunals and appeal panel hearings.
The main areas of work which are covered within this field are:
Special Educational Needs:
• Advice and representation at the First Tier Tribunal – Special Educational Needs and Disability (formerly SENDIST).
• Appeals from the First Tier Tribunal to the Upper Tribunal (the Administrative Appeals Chamber).
• Advice in relation to the contents and implementation of a Statement of Special Educational Needs, including disputes regarding the need for special or mainstream provision and maintained or independent special schools.
• Help with identifying, assessing and recognition of Special Educational Needs.
• Advice and representation regarding appeals to Admission Panels – for all school ages.
• Advice and representation for claims for judicial review.
• Advice for Governors and Local Authorities regarding admissions procedures and admissions disputes.
Exclusions and Disciplinary Matters
• Advice and representation at Independent Appeal Panels.
• Advice and representation for judicial reviews to challenges of decisions of Governing Bodies and Independent Appeal Panels.
Our members have experience and expertise in the field of Disability Discrimination and the Equalities Act 2010 and application of this area of law to all parts of Education Law.
Our teams will also provide advice for claims to and decisions of the Ombudsman and all issues regarding further education and Universities.
We are happy to advise parents, students, governors, local authorities and independent schools.